Friday, January 6, 2012

Appreciation tip for today. You get more of what you appreciate!

Tip for the day:
No matter how great your home is, or even if you have an eviction notice on the door, or if you live in a shelter, take a moment to walk around and clean something or just touch the walls and items around you. While you are dusting or vacuuming or doing dishes or whatever you find to do, think of all the things about your home you can be grateful for. Here is a list to help you out. Some of these I have gleaned from my dear friend Desiree Rudder who is a professional business owner and single mom of 7 children.
Remember that what you focus on you will get more of in your life. Gratitude, sincere feelings of gratitude is the strongest way to focus your energy. In this state of gratitude you will become present, really feel appreciation for what you have in this moment (what you currently have and what you have in your memory).
Have fun with this. Allow yourself to feel this gratitude joyfully and deeply.  
·         I am so grateful for the dirty dishes as they are proof my family has eaten
·         I am so grateful for the roof that keeps the weather out
·         I am so very grateful for the bedding we have to keep us warm at night
·         I am grateful for the vacuuming that I can do because I have a home and electricity
·         I am grateful for the dusting I have to do because this means I have a home and furniture
·         I am grateful for the walls on my home as they too keep the weather out and shelter me and my family
·         I am grateful for the shelter this space is giving me and my family right now in this very moment
·         I am so very grateful for all of the times me and my family have had shelter
·         I am so very grateful for all of the times my family has had a home to sleep in
·         I am so very grateful for all of the times my family and I have had a home to share meals in
·         I am so very grateful for all of the time we have been provided for
·         I am so very grateful for the messes in my home because that means to me that we are actively living
·         I am so very grateful for all of the times each person has done their part to clean up our home
·         I am so absolutely very grateful for all of the love in my home
·         I am grateful for all of the joy and laughter in our home
·         I am grateful for my home

Remember to replace have to with get to. Example: “I have to clean” with “I get to clean”.

Let me know how this feels. How did this gratitude shift your day?
Enjoy in joy…

No comments:

Post a Comment