Monday, November 22, 2010

Reaching outside of limits we find so much more beauty and truth to embrace

While bound by the limits (prison walls) of rigid religion or limits caused by the rebellion of religion we often miss the many enlightened messages of the world.  There is great teaching everywhere and in many forms.
I want to share with you a couple prayers I have been introduced to. These are some of the most powerful prayers I have ever read.
I love being a rebellious person. A person that questions almost everything and that loves living outside of the box. Yet, there are limits and losses in rebellion. Rebellion does not equal freedom. Freedom equals freedom.
Being a non-conformist is a contradiction if you really think about it. It can be a form of conformity to a particular belief system... so remember when you are questioning everything to ask these question: What can I learn here? What does this mean to me? How can I use this new knowledge or ideas to benefit my life or the lives of others? Is there any truth in this for me?
There are many more valuable questions and although I wont focus on listing them all (as if I could, lol), I will remind you that when you are questioning consider what questions you are asking and how you are asking them.
In peace, joy, love and light I wish you a very amazing day.


Saint Francis’ Prayer Before the Crucifix
 
Most High, glorious God,
enlighten the darkness of my heart and give me
true faith, certain hope, and perfect charity,
sense and knowledge, Lord, that I may carry out
Your holy and true command.
 
The prayer of St. Francis
Lord, make me an instrument of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me sow love;
where there is injury, pardon;
where there is doubt, faith;
where there is despair, hope;
where there is darkness, light;
where there is sadness, joy;
O Divine Master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console;
to be understood as to understand;
to be loved as to love.
For it is in giving that we receive;
it is in pardoning that we are pardoned;
and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment